03/06/11 - Mazda Australia Remembers Mike Quist
The Mazda Australia family is today mourning the loss of Mike Quist, public relations manager at the company between 1979 and 2001, who sadly passed away yesterday.
Mike Quist's 22 year career with Mazda began in 1979 when he took on a role at Mazda Marketing Services before soon moving onto the role of national public relations manager at the newly-formed Mazda Australia.
Mr Quist's inspirational communication skills and immense passion for the Mazda brand made sure that his impact was felt across the industry.
An infectious sense of humour and never-ending enthusiasm only served to stretch this impact even further.
In many ways Mike Quist was seen as somewhat of a trailblazer in the world of automotive public relations. He was one of the first PR managers to take the media right into the heart of Mazda's manufacturing operations in Japan and played a leading role in setting up the MX-5 owners clubs that still flourish today.
continues on Autodeadline.com.au
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona