03/06/11 - Mazda Australia Remembers Mike Quist
The Mazda Australia family is today mourning the loss of Mike Quist, public relations manager at the company between 1979 and 2001, who sadly passed away yesterday.
Mike Quist's 22 year career with Mazda began in 1979 when he took on a role at Mazda Marketing Services before soon moving onto the role of national public relations manager at the newly-formed Mazda Australia.
Mr Quist's inspirational communication skills and immense passion for the Mazda brand made sure that his impact was felt across the industry.
An infectious sense of humour and never-ending enthusiasm only served to stretch this impact even further.
In many ways Mike Quist was seen as somewhat of a trailblazer in the world of automotive public relations. He was one of the first PR managers to take the media right into the heart of Mazda's manufacturing operations in Japan and played a leading role in setting up the MX-5 owners clubs that still flourish today.
continues on Autodeadline.com.au
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 21/01MX-5 Fan Fest
- 17/09Motorsport R8 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/09After Work Get Together - Hotdog Run
- 03/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day Cruise to York
- 27/08Motorsport R7 - Motorplex Sprint
- 23/09Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner – The Hen
- 28/09Monthly Meeting
- 01/10Country Cruise – Greenbushes
- 08/10York Avon Valley Classic Rally
- 14/10Saturday Night Burger Run
- 15/10Motorsport R9 - Midvale Speed Dome
- 22/10Dawn BreakFast Raid – Toodyay
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santas Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – The Wild Goose Chase
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood