ABOUT THE CLUB
The Mazda MX-5 Club of W.A. Inc is part of the biggest one-model car club in the world. Founded in November 1990 with support from Mazda WA, the club is currently celebrating its 20th year. From its inception the club quickly grew and is now around 150 member strong. Our last anniversary dinner had 67 cars and 124 participants so we have a very active and enthusiastic member base.
The club is affiliated with similar MX-5 Clubs in across Australia. The clubs take turns in running a biennial 5-day National Meeting, with over 100 attendees. The WA Club won the Champion State Trophy at the inaugural NatMeet, held in Adelaide in 1994.
Although totally independent in management and funding, it enjoys the continuing support of Mazda WA and all Mazda dealers statewide, with whom it jointly promotes a number of special events through the year.
The Members range in age from late teens with "L plates" through to more than triple that figure, with both young and old making valuable contributions to the Club's management and activities. Membership is almost equally split between male/female; the MX-5 is a car that knows no boundaries, and has universal appeal!
The Club has regular Monthly Cruises and Committee Meetings to which all members are welcome, and also numerous social gatherings. Many members have found a whole new world of like-minded people, and a number of firm friendships have been established over the 20 years that the Club has been established. The Club committee encourages members to take a role in organising activities and being involved in the Club's operations.
Members have the opportunity to compete safely and at minimal cost in a wide range of sporting events and driver training. MX-5 Club members have been very successful in the state Autokharna series, speed event series, motorkhanas, hillclimbs, navigation trials, sprints, Dutton Rally, TargaWest and even Targa Tasmania! Over a dozen members are actively competing in these and other events, and welcome other members to come along and enjoy watching the action.
Over the Club's 20 years of life, many Club members have built up an encyclopaedic knowledge about the MX-5 - what accessories are worthwhile and who are the best suppliers, which performance mods actually work (and which ones don't!), how best to look after your MX-5, and also where and what are the best MX-5 driving roads in WA. At any Club meeting, all this information is available - all you have to do is come along and ask!
- 29/08New look Mazda mx-5
- 24/05What the FIAT?!
- 01/12Anti drink-driving from NZTA
- 28/09RIP Bob Murray from Wheels World
- 19/05Motorplex Sprint
- 15/05After work – Wheels World
- 05/05Monthly Cruise - Mind MAYhem
- 28/04Whiteman Park Car Show
- 29/05Monthly Meeting
- 02/06Monthly Cruise – York
- 03/06RAC fun Sprint
- 09/06Speed Dome autotest
- 12/06After Work - Fish 'n' Chips
- 26/06Monthly Meeting
- 07/07Country Cruise “The MX-500”
- 14/07Motorplex Sprint
- 17/07After Work - Detailing Clinic
- 31/07Monthly Meeting & AGM
- 04/08Monthly Cruise - Ob Rally
- 14/08After Work Get Together – Dave’s Burger Run
- 18/08RAC double autotest
- 28/08Monthly Meeting
- 01/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day Cruise
- 11/09After Work Get Together – Car Maintenance
- 15/09Speed Dome autotest
- 19/09Road Trip 2013
- 25/09Monthly Meeting
- 29/09Barbagallo Sprint (night)
- 06/10Monthly Cruise – Upper Reach Winery
- 16/10After Work Get Together – Freo Hotdog Run
- 20/10Motorplex Sprint or RAC autotest
- 30/10Monthly Meeting
- 03/11Monthly Cruise - Araluen Botanical Park
- 10/11RAC single autotest
- 24/11Dawn BreakFast Raid – Bindoon
- 26/11Monthly Meeting
- 01/12Monthly Cruise – Santa’s Sleigh Ride
- 11/12Xmas Twilight Picnic @ Iluka Foreshore
- 15/12RAC double autotest