21/05/06 - Boyd Rd Hill Climb
AMR Speed Event Series - Round 5, Hill Climb
The Vintage Sports Car Club's Round 5 of the AMR Speed Series event was held on Boyd Rd about 45 minutes south of Perth.
This was the 2nd and last year for this venue as residents complaints have spoilt any chance of this venue being used in the future.
It's a 1.5 closed road hill climb which I expect would have been very exciting but organisers didn't really cater for spectators. We had to park our car on South West Highway and walk up the hill to the start point and that was as far as we got. There was no opportunity to view the cars on the course.
Unfortunately all I have are photos of the staging lanes and start line.
Club member Ashley Price was there in his Toyota powered PRB and fellow club member Graham Martin was driving his lotus Elise. I'm sure both of them will be able to share their experiences and are keen to encourage more club members to participate. It would have been great to see some MX-5s there.
Participants were given 4 runs with their fastest run determining the results.
Click on images to view a larger version
Bob Chaplin's Lotus Elise looks a little worse for wear
after an incident on the first run of the day.
Alas this is the only horse power this exciting
hill climb will see in the future.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 24/01Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - The Abbey at Chesters
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 10/02Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner Mandoon Estate
- 17/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Presentation @ The Saint
- 21/02Twilight picnic at The Coombe Reserve
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Motor Museum of WA
- 10/03Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 21/03After Work Get Together - Nedlands Croquet Club
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 15/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 26/05Saturday Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah