18/07/04 - Member(s) Of The Year
Congratulations to our club Magazine team of Bob Sharpe and Simon Corston for taking out this years "member of the year" award.
This is the first time 2 people have shared the award.
They were presented the award at last nights "Anniversary Dinner" by club president Andrew Seinor.
It was great to see the guys receive recognition for all there hard work. They were a little disappointed to be beaten at NatMeet but a "one off" full color brochure style magazine. Our members appreciate that Simon and Bob produce the same high quality magazine every issue.
If you have photos from last nights event, please e-mail them to Webmaster@MX5Club.com.au
While Bob and Simon collected the prize, many members were thanked for their involvement and contribution to the club.
Bob Sharpe News Letter Editor writes:
"I was blown away at winning the member of the year award with Simon last night. I was completely lost for words and overwhelmed not only by the award but the response you showed to me last night. My thanks to all of you who voted for me and those who expressed their support of the decision. Speaking to Simon this morning I know he is 'chuffed' as well. I have written more in the editorial for the next edition.
Thank you all.
Bob and Simon are always seeking contributions from members, so please do your best to help them by writing an MX-5 or club related article. Perhaps an interesting experience you had buying your car, traveling in your car, meeting club members etc. You can e-mail your articles and photos to Bob Sharpe
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 21/03After Work Get Together - Nedlands Croquet Club
- 10/03Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run - RESCHEDULED
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Motor Museum of WA
- 25/02Induction - Jack’s Hillclimb
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 25/03Rd 1 Midvale Speed Dome
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner
- 26/04Monthly Meeting
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 15/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 24/05Monthly Meeting
- 26/05Saturday Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 28/06Monthly Meeting
- 01/07Monthly Cruise – Elizabethan Village
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/07Christmas in July - EVENT CANCELLED
- 21/07Saturday Lunch Cruise - Core Cider
- 26/07Monthly Meeting
- 05/08Monthly Cruise - Observation Rally
- 12/08Shannons' Classics on the Park
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 23/08Monthly Meeting
- 25/08Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 02/09Sunday Country Cruise - Wildflower Run to Moora
- 09/09Dawn Breakfast Raid - Bickley Area
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 19/09Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Duckstein Brewery
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb