Sunday 8th of October 2017 - York Avon Valley Classic Rally
Following the success of the Avon Valley Classic Rallies in 2013, 2014 and 2015, the York Veteran Car Club has decided to make this a bi-annual event. The 2017 rally is planned for Sunday 8th October. The York VCC has invited the MX-5 Club of WA to attend together with other car clubs.
This year, as in the past, there will be three rallies in one with the first vehicles leaving Avon Park at 9 am. Veteran, vintages and tractors will again travel various distances, the difference being that while all these classes will start and finish at the same time the tractors will deviate onto their own route, including gravel roads, bush tracks and hopefully a water crossing, re-joining the veteran and vintage vehicles for a fun event before lunch. Vintage, veteran and the tractors will each be competing in their own categories and separate trophies will be presented.
The modern classic vehicles and sports cars will cover approximately 100 kms on new and scenic roads taking in even more of the picturesque Avon Valley before joining for the fun event, luncheon and trophy presentations.
The York VCC will be providing a complementary morning tea at the start in Avon Park (Lowe Street, York) for all participants, at the finish, and a luncheon.
Entry fee: $15 per vehicle and costs for luncheon (lunch costs to be confirmed).
The MX-5 Club has to register for the event with the York VCC, including nominating the number of cars and individuals attending for catering purposes. Expressions of interest for attendance will close at COB on Friday 25th August.
Owing to the 9:00 a.m. start at York, members attending may wish to consider staying overnight in York on the Saturday night. It might be wise to book early to avoid disappointment! Alternatively, members leaving from Perth will meet at the Midland Centre Muzz Buzz car park at 6:30 a.m. for departure at 7:00 sharp.
Click here to view a map
Gary Wotzko has kindly volunteered to run the event for the MX-5 Club.
If you are interested, contact Steve Harris, Social Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
The following people have expressed interest in attending: -
Tony & Jenny Collier
Laurie Porter + 1
Glynn Schragger & Diana Cohen
Peter Straughan + 1
Gary & Bev Wotzko
Raymond & Maggie Yau
Entries closed at 26th August
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona