Sunday 1st of October 2017 - Country Cruise – Greenbushes
Raymond Yau is taking us on a long spirited drive through the Collie, Ferguson, Preston, Blackwood, Eden and Capel Valleys which gives you the opportunity to spend some time on roads further afield. It is not a relaxed tour of the region with long lunches and coffee breaks; it is about the drive and the roads. This spirited drive may challenge a single driver, or it will be a bit more laidback (but no less fun) for two. It won’t be a navigation exercise; the instructions are straight forward.
We meet at Stirling Cottage Kitchen, corner South Western Highway & James Stirling Place, Harvey, 140 km south of Perth at 9 am for a 9:15 am start.
From Harvey the 341 km drive along secondary roads takes us into the forests of the Geographe Bay hinterland, farmland, hills, vines, National Parks, State Forests and of course that magic bit of twisting blacktop along the Blackwood River with a lunch stop at the Exchange Hotel in Greenbushes for their Sunday Roast.
We finish around 3:30 pm at Green Door Wines 178 km south of Perth to reflect on the day’s drive and share some stories before you make your own way home.
All in all you are looking at a total distance of some 660 km; a bit more if you hail from the northern suburbs and a bit less if you are a southerner.
Please RSVP by email to email@example.com before 27 September so Raymond can email you a copy of the cruise notes, finalise the lunch booking at the Exchange Hotel and knows who should be at the meeting point before we depart.
Raymond & Maggie Yau
Aart ter Kuile
Terry and Christine Smith
Steve Harris & Lucy Hames
Roger and Jan Samuels
David Rickard & AN Other
Niven Car and Brett Evans
Ray and Irene Cottrell
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 21/02Twilight picnic at The Coombe Reserve
- 18/02Induction - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 17/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Presentation @ The Saint
- 25/02Induction - Jack’s Hillclimb
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Motor Museum of WA
- 10/03Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run - RESCHEDULED
- 21/03After Work Get Together - Nedlands Croquet Club
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 25/03Rd 1 Midvale Speed Dome
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 15/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 26/05Saturday Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb