Sunday 1st of October 2017 - Country Cruise – Greenbushes
Raymond Yau is taking us on a long spirited drive through the Collie, Ferguson, Preston, Blackwood, Eden and Capel Valleys which gives you the opportunity to spend some time on roads further afield. It is not a relaxed tour of the region with long lunches and coffee breaks; it is about the drive and the roads. This spirited drive may challenge a single driver, or it will be a bit more laidback (but no less fun) for two. It won’t be a navigation exercise; the instructions are straight forward.
We meet at Stirling Cottage Kitchen, corner South Western Highway & James Stirling Place, Harvey, 140 km south of Perth at 9 am for a 9:15 am start.
From Harvey the 341 km drive along secondary roads takes us into the forests of the Geographe Bay hinterland, farmland, hills, vines, National Parks, State Forests and of course that magic bit of twisting blacktop along the Blackwood River with a lunch stop at the Exchange Hotel in Greenbushes for their Sunday Roast.
We finish around 3:30 pm at Green Door Wines 178 km south of Perth to reflect on the day’s drive and share some stories before you make your own way home.
All in all you are looking at a total distance of some 660 km; a bit more if you hail from the northern suburbs and a bit less if you are a southerner.
Please RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27 September so Raymond can email you a copy of the cruise notes, finalise the lunch booking at the Exchange Hotel and knows who should be at the meeting point before we depart.
Raymond & Maggie Yau
Aart ter Kuile
Terry and Christine Smith
Steve Harris & Lucy Hames
Roger and Jan Samuels
David Rickard & AN Other
Niven Car and Brett Evans
Ray and Irene Cottrell
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona