Sunday 3rd of July 2011 - Monthly Cruise
West Coast Motor Museum
The MX-5 Club cruise on the 1st Sunday of each month.
We meet at Burswood (click here to view a map) at 9AM for a 9:30 AM start.
Alan Wallace will take us on a 150km drive finishing at the West Coast Motor Museum 60km south of Perth near the Freeway.
The entry fee for the museum is $6 per person. This will be collected by Alan at the Burwood meeting spot. Please bring the correct change to make is easier to collect the money.
The drive will take us along twisty roads through Kalamunda, Roleystone and Jarrahdale, and then a final 30 minute straight 'dash' from Jarrahdale to the museum. There are no planned stops for re-grouping or toilets, however, for those needing a pit stop we will driving through Byford.
Founded in 1987, West Coast Motor Museum showcases over 50 vehicles from 1915 onwards as well as an extensive collection of speed cars from Claremont Speedway during the 1950's and 1960's.
Owners Ron West & Ron Meredith's long association first began in 1957 with the owning and racing of a 1934 Ford Coupe at Forrestfield Speedway where cars from the 1930's and 1940's were converted into hot rods and raced until totally destroyed. Now their aim is the preservation and restoration of these and many more vehicles so that future generations and motor enthusiasts can re-discover Western Australia's motoring history. The museum also houses a workshop and machine shop so that all restoration work can be managed on site.
Now their aim is the preservation and restoration of these and many more vehicles so that future generations and motor enthusiasts can re-discover Western Australia's motoring history.
Coffee / milk / sugar / hot water, etc, is included in entry fee. There is a 20L hot water urn which will be hot on our arrival. A free gas BBQ is also provided.
You will need to BYO food, plates, cutlery, etc. The museum has a 60s diner setting so there will be somewhere sheltered to eat, if required.
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 21/01MX-5 Fan Fest
- 17/09Motorsport R8 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/09After Work Get Together - Hotdog Run
- 03/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day Cruise to York
- 27/08Motorsport R7 - Motorplex Sprint
- 23/09Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner – The Hen
- 28/09Monthly Meeting
- 01/10Country Cruise – Greenbushes
- 08/10York Avon Valley Classic Rally
- 14/10Saturday Night Burger Run
- 15/10Motorsport R9 - Midvale Speed Dome
- 22/10Dawn BreakFast Raid – Toodyay
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santas Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – The Wild Goose Chase
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood