Sunday 3rd of July 2011 - Monthly Cruise
West Coast Motor Museum
The MX-5 Club cruise on the 1st Sunday of each month.
We meet at Burswood (click here to view a map) at 9AM for a 9:30 AM start.
Alan Wallace will take us on a 150km drive finishing at the West Coast Motor Museum 60km south of Perth near the Freeway.
The entry fee for the museum is $6 per person. This will be collected by Alan at the Burwood meeting spot. Please bring the correct change to make is easier to collect the money.
The drive will take us along twisty roads through Kalamunda, Roleystone and Jarrahdale, and then a final 30 minute straight 'dash' from Jarrahdale to the museum. There are no planned stops for re-grouping or toilets, however, for those needing a pit stop we will driving through Byford.
Founded in 1987, West Coast Motor Museum showcases over 50 vehicles from 1915 onwards as well as an extensive collection of speed cars from Claremont Speedway during the 1950's and 1960's.
Owners Ron West & Ron Meredith's long association first began in 1957 with the owning and racing of a 1934 Ford Coupe at Forrestfield Speedway where cars from the 1930's and 1940's were converted into hot rods and raced until totally destroyed. Now their aim is the preservation and restoration of these and many more vehicles so that future generations and motor enthusiasts can re-discover Western Australia's motoring history. The museum also houses a workshop and machine shop so that all restoration work can be managed on site.
Now their aim is the preservation and restoration of these and many more vehicles so that future generations and motor enthusiasts can re-discover Western Australia's motoring history.
Coffee / milk / sugar / hot water, etc, is included in entry fee. There is a 20L hot water urn which will be hot on our arrival. A free gas BBQ is also provided.
You will need to BYO food, plates, cutlery, etc. The museum has a 60s diner setting so there will be somewhere sheltered to eat, if required.
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 18/02Induction - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 17/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Presentation @ The Saint
- 10/02Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner Mandoon Estate - CANCELLED
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 21/02Twilight picnic at The Coombe Reserve
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 25/02Induction - Jack’s Hillclimb
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Motor Museum of WA
- 10/03Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run - RESCHEDULED
- 21/03After Work Get Together - Nedlands Croquet Club
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 25/03Rd 1 Midvale Speed Dome
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 15/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 26/05Saturday Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb