Sunday 3rd of July 2011 - Monthly Cruise
West Coast Motor Museum
The MX-5 Club cruise on the 1st Sunday of each month.
We meet at Burswood (click here to view a map) at 9AM for a 9:30 AM start.
Alan Wallace will take us on a 150km drive finishing at the West Coast Motor Museum 60km south of Perth near the Freeway.
The entry fee for the museum is $6 per person. This will be collected by Alan at the Burwood meeting spot. Please bring the correct change to make is easier to collect the money.
The drive will take us along twisty roads through Kalamunda, Roleystone and Jarrahdale, and then a final 30 minute straight 'dash' from Jarrahdale to the museum. There are no planned stops for re-grouping or toilets, however, for those needing a pit stop we will driving through Byford.
Founded in 1987, West Coast Motor Museum showcases over 50 vehicles from 1915 onwards as well as an extensive collection of speed cars from Claremont Speedway during the 1950's and 1960's.
Owners Ron West & Ron Meredith's long association first began in 1957 with the owning and racing of a 1934 Ford Coupe at Forrestfield Speedway where cars from the 1930's and 1940's were converted into hot rods and raced until totally destroyed. Now their aim is the preservation and restoration of these and many more vehicles so that future generations and motor enthusiasts can re-discover Western Australia's motoring history. The museum also houses a workshop and machine shop so that all restoration work can be managed on site.
Now their aim is the preservation and restoration of these and many more vehicles so that future generations and motor enthusiasts can re-discover Western Australia's motoring history.
Coffee / milk / sugar / hot water, etc, is included in entry fee. There is a 20L hot water urn which will be hot on our arrival. A free gas BBQ is also provided.
You will need to BYO food, plates, cutlery, etc. The museum has a 60s diner setting so there will be somewhere sheltered to eat, if required.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona