Wednesday 25th of January 2006 - Drag Day - Motorplex
Well our club drag day at the Quit Motorplex had more pikeys than a Guy Ritchie film, perhaps they were scared of my mighty 1.8 liters of fury, perhaps it was the chance of rain and perhaps they’re allergic to V8s and carburetors.
What ever their excuse, I was the only MX-5 to run down the quarter mile.
Perhaps “run” is a little exaggeration, “trotted” would be more an adequate description.
So with a piss pore time of 16.25 seconds over the quarter mile I received the coveted “Golden Stiletto” and the dubious title of Quickest Drag Queen In The West.
Thanks go to Neville and Richard for their moral support.
18:48 pm First Run
Elapsed Time 16.293 sec Terminal Speed 136.50 kph
19:27 pm Second Run (small burnout)
Elapsed Time 16.326 sec Terminal Speed 135.36 kph
20:20 pm Third Run (burnout, 24psi rears & roof up)
Elapsed Time 16.515 sec Terminal Speed 134.23 kph
21:04 pm Fourth Run (loads of axel tramp)
Elapsed Time 16.257 sec Terminal Speed 134.23 kph
Click on images to view larger versions.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona