10/01/14 - Stop a mate drink driving - Legend
As enthusiasts it's our responsibility to set an example to other motorists and that's why every cruise club members are reminded to obey all road rules and be courteous to other road users.
This is most important when we have events or cruises at venues that serve alcohol.
Someone who's prepared to drink then drive is not only putting their own life in danger they risk killing or permanently disabling others. They obviously lack the mental capacity to make a safe judgement call. I would expect club members to keep an eye out for each other, discourage those driving from consuming alcohol.
If you're attending a club event where you expect to be drinking organise a lift home.
Even one drink can effect your ability to drive.
.02 BAC Level
At the .02 blood alcohol concentration level, experiments have demostrated that people exhibit some loss of judgment, begin to relax and feel good. But tests have also shown that drivers at the .02 level experience a decline in visual functions, affecting their ability to track a moving object, and experience a decline in the ability to perform two tasks at the same time.
These changes may be very subtle and barely noticeable to the person who has had only one drink, but in an emergency situation while behind the wheel of a vehicle, they could cause the driver to react (or not react) as they would without having had a drink.
.05 BAC Level
At the .05 BAC level, people begin to exhibit exaggerated behavior, experience loss of small-muscle control -- such as being able to focus their eyes quickly -- have impaired judgment, lowered alertness and a release of inhibition.
If someone with a BAC level of .05 gets behind the wheel, they would be operating the vehicle with reduce coordination, a further diminished ability to track moving objects, more difficulty in steering and a markedly reduced response in emergency situations.
Alcohol and driving book.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona