29/08/12 - New look Mazda mx-5
An aggressive new look and even more fun to drive.
A newly-upgraded version of the world’s most popular open-top sports car, the Mazda MX-5, is now rolling off the Hiroshima assembly line and will be available at Mazda dealerships Australia-wide in late Spring.
In addition to exterior and interior upgrades, New Look Mazda MX-5 also features enhanced driving attributes to make it even more appealing.
The New Look MX-5 has a new front bumper design that makes the roadster more aggressive looking and contributes to optimal aerodynamic performance.
A larger front grille opening offers a sense of depth and a newly designed front fog lamp bezel and new front chin spoiler help to complete the new look.
Inside, the decoration panel, steering wheel bezel and instrument meter rings now come in a glossy dark grey replacing the current silver colour.
Driving the Mazda MX-5 has now become even more enjoyable thanks to revised accelerator and brake characteristics.
Adjustment to the throttle management programme in manual models makes the MX-5 more responsive when accelerating out of corners, while updates to the brake booster make it easier to control the front and rear load distribution – improving braking ability all round.
The enhancements to the New Look Mazda MX-5 add polish to the pure ‘Jinba Ittai – sense of oneness between driver and car’ driving pleasure which has made it famous.
Mazda Australia’s national marketing manager, Alastair Doak, said: “The MX-5 is an iconic car that just got better.
The MX-5 is the world’s best-selling two-seater roadster and these latest design and dynamic upgrades should see it remain firmly on the shopping lists of buyers looking for fun, open-top driving.”
The New Look MX-5 is available for order now from Mazda dealers nationally.
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona