29/08/12 - New look Mazda mx-5
An aggressive new look and even more fun to drive.
A newly-upgraded version of the world’s most popular open-top sports car, the Mazda MX-5, is now rolling off the Hiroshima assembly line and will be available at Mazda dealerships Australia-wide in late Spring.
In addition to exterior and interior upgrades, New Look Mazda MX-5 also features enhanced driving attributes to make it even more appealing.
The New Look MX-5 has a new front bumper design that makes the roadster more aggressive looking and contributes to optimal aerodynamic performance.
A larger front grille opening offers a sense of depth and a newly designed front fog lamp bezel and new front chin spoiler help to complete the new look.
Inside, the decoration panel, steering wheel bezel and instrument meter rings now come in a glossy dark grey replacing the current silver colour.
Driving the Mazda MX-5 has now become even more enjoyable thanks to revised accelerator and brake characteristics.
Adjustment to the throttle management programme in manual models makes the MX-5 more responsive when accelerating out of corners, while updates to the brake booster make it easier to control the front and rear load distribution – improving braking ability all round.
The enhancements to the New Look Mazda MX-5 add polish to the pure ‘Jinba Ittai – sense of oneness between driver and car’ driving pleasure which has made it famous.
Mazda Australia’s national marketing manager, Alastair Doak, said: “The MX-5 is an iconic car that just got better.
The MX-5 is the world’s best-selling two-seater roadster and these latest design and dynamic upgrades should see it remain firmly on the shopping lists of buyers looking for fun, open-top driving.”
The New Look MX-5 is available for order now from Mazda dealers nationally.
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner - Henley Brook Estate
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 26/04Monthly Meeting
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 17/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 24/05Monthly Meeting
- 26/05Saturday Lunch Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 28/06Monthly Meeting
- 01/07Monthly Cruise – Elizabethan Village
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/07Christmas in July - EVENT CANCELLED
- 21/07Saturday Lunch Cruise - Core Cider
- 26/07Monthly Meeting
- 05/08Monthly Cruise - Observation Rally
- 12/08Shannons' Classics on the Park
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 23/08Monthly Meeting
- 25/08Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 26/08Dawn Breakfast Raid - York Motor Show
- 02/09Sunday Country Cruise - Wildflower Run to Moora
- 09/09Dawn Breakfast Raid - Bickley Area
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 19/09Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Duckstein Brewery
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb