24/05/12 - What the FIAT?!
Hopefully the Mazda brand that we all love won’t be tainted by its association with fiat, only time will tell.
The good news is that the MX-5 will still be 100% Mazda and we don’t need to rename our events from "cruise" to "push".
Mazda will also create a car for Fiat.
Sounds like it will be a Fiat designed body and engine all built to a Mazda chassis/suspension all built by Mazda in Japan.
So fingers crossed this is just a money making exercise for Mazda and a rust proofing solution for Fiat.
Idealists would like to believe that an association with FIAT brings the MX-5 a little closer to Ferrari, but anyone who’s worked on an X19 will shudder the thought of our precious MX-5s being associated with Fiat.
Here’s the press release:
More discussion can be found here.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona