24/05/12 - What the FIAT?!
Hopefully the Mazda brand that we all love won’t be tainted by its association with fiat, only time will tell.
The good news is that the MX-5 will still be 100% Mazda and we don’t need to rename our events from "cruise" to "push".
Mazda will also create a car for Fiat.
Sounds like it will be a Fiat designed body and engine all built to a Mazda chassis/suspension all built by Mazda in Japan.
So fingers crossed this is just a money making exercise for Mazda and a rust proofing solution for Fiat.
Idealists would like to believe that an association with FIAT brings the MX-5 a little closer to Ferrari, but anyone who’s worked on an X19 will shudder the thought of our precious MX-5s being associated with Fiat.
Here’s the press release:
More discussion can be found here.
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 21/01MX-5 Fan Fest
- 17/09Motorsport R8 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/09After Work Get Together - Hotdog Run
- 03/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day Cruise to York
- 27/08Motorsport R7 - Motorplex Sprint
- 23/09Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner – The Hen
- 28/09Monthly Meeting
- 01/10Country Cruise – Greenbushes
- 08/10York Avon Valley Classic Rally
- 14/10Saturday Night Burger Run
- 15/10Motorsport R9 - Midvale Speed Dome
- 22/10Dawn BreakFast Raid – Toodyay
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santas Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – The Wild Goose Chase
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood