28/09/11 - RIP Bob Murray from Wheels World
It is with much sadness that I have to inform members that Bob Murray from Wheels World has passed away.
Wheels World sponsors the MX-5 club’s newsletter MX-Press and sponsors both our Sprint and Autokhana Motorsport Series.
Bob was a true gentleman of the Western Australian Motorsport Industry, the ‘engine room’ of Wheels World, Bob’s talent for suspension setup were highly regarded amongst local motorsport community.
Bob was happy to let his work speak for itself, his skills had many worship Wheels World and religiously take every car there for a ‘proper’ alignment.
Despite the numerous questions Bob must have received on a daily basis he always found time to share his knowledge with our club members and improve their understanding of alignment and car balance and control.
I have known Wheels World for 13 years, I’m indebted to both Bob and John for the advice they’ve given me.
On behalf of the Mazda MX-5 club of Western Australia I’d like to pass on our condolences to the staff and customers of Wheels Worlds as well as Bob’s family, he will be missed by many.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona