08/02/11 - MX-5 Special Edition
Mazda today announced that the new MX-5 Special Edition with styling and suspension upgrades is now available in Australian showrooms in limited numbers.
With just 200 MX-5 Special Editions being brought into the country and the upgrades being added at no additional cost, buyers will need to move fast to secure one of these rare models.
Already considered to be one of the world’s best handling sports cars, the MX-5 Special Edition takes the fun to drive factor to even greater heights with the addition of Bilstein-tuned suspension.
A bright painted strut tower bar provides a stylish finish to the suspension set-up.
On the outside, the MX-5 Special Edition makes it mark with new bright painted 17-inch alloy wheels and a range of contemporary new exterior colours.
Two new colours, Dolphin Grey Mica and Sparkling Black Mica, are available along with the ever-popular Aluminium Metallic.
Inside, the tone is set by unique grey coloured leather seats which are complemented by a leather steering wheel and handbrake both featuring grey highlight stitching.
Chrome meter rings and air vent bezels complete the look.
Mazda Australia marketing manager, Alastair Doak, said “The Mazda MX-5 is an iconic car with enthusiasts across the world making it the best-selling two seater roadster of all-time. Offering a limited number of MX-5 Special Editions to Australian consumers will ensure it appeals to the enthusiasts out there who are seeking something a little different.”
Demonstrating just how rare the MX-5 Special Edition is, Mazda recently announced that the 900,000th MX-5 had been produced.
In addition to the unique styling and suspension upgrades the MX-5 Special Edition features an impressive level of equipment including air-conditioning, cruise control, power windows, front and side airbags and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC).
The Mazda MX-5 Special Edition has a Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP) of $47,200.
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 26/04Monthly Meeting
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner - Henley Brook Estate
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 17/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 24/05Monthly Meeting
- 26/05Saturday Lunch Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 28/06Monthly Meeting
- 01/07Monthly Cruise – Elizabethan Village
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/07Christmas in July - EVENT CANCELLED
- 21/07Saturday Lunch Cruise - Core Cider
- 26/07Monthly Meeting
- 05/08Monthly Cruise - Observation Rally
- 12/08Shannons' Classics on the Park
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 23/08Monthly Meeting
- 25/08Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 26/08Dawn Breakfast Raid - York Motor Show
- 02/09Sunday Country Cruise - Wildflower Run to Moora
- 09/09Dawn Breakfast Raid - Bickley Area
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 19/09Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Duckstein Brewery
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb