08/02/11 - MX-5 Special Edition
Mazda today announced that the new MX-5 Special Edition with styling and suspension upgrades is now available in Australian showrooms in limited numbers.
With just 200 MX-5 Special Editions being brought into the country and the upgrades being added at no additional cost, buyers will need to move fast to secure one of these rare models.
Already considered to be one of the world’s best handling sports cars, the MX-5 Special Edition takes the fun to drive factor to even greater heights with the addition of Bilstein-tuned suspension.
A bright painted strut tower bar provides a stylish finish to the suspension set-up.
On the outside, the MX-5 Special Edition makes it mark with new bright painted 17-inch alloy wheels and a range of contemporary new exterior colours.
Two new colours, Dolphin Grey Mica and Sparkling Black Mica, are available along with the ever-popular Aluminium Metallic.
Inside, the tone is set by unique grey coloured leather seats which are complemented by a leather steering wheel and handbrake both featuring grey highlight stitching.
Chrome meter rings and air vent bezels complete the look.
Mazda Australia marketing manager, Alastair Doak, said “The Mazda MX-5 is an iconic car with enthusiasts across the world making it the best-selling two seater roadster of all-time. Offering a limited number of MX-5 Special Editions to Australian consumers will ensure it appeals to the enthusiasts out there who are seeking something a little different.”
Demonstrating just how rare the MX-5 Special Edition is, Mazda recently announced that the 900,000th MX-5 had been produced.
In addition to the unique styling and suspension upgrades the MX-5 Special Edition features an impressive level of equipment including air-conditioning, cruise control, power windows, front and side airbags and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC).
The Mazda MX-5 Special Edition has a Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP) of $47,200.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona