01/07/09 - AGM 2009 information
Information for Members
Item 3. Special resolution to amend the Constitution
The Committee recommends a number of amendments to the Constitution and the By-Laws, primarily to achieve the following:
- To remove anomalous wording in the definition of a Full Member.
- To remove all definition of the amount of fees from the Constitution and put these into the By-Laws. Note that this is already done for the Annual Fee, but not for the Entrance Fee.
- To remove Entrance Fee entirely and replace it with an increased Annual Fee payable only in the first year of membership.
- To further define and encourage by reduced fees, new members who join later in the year.
- To remove the definitions of duties of committee members from the Constitution (these are already in the By-Laws).
- To use the same nomenclature in the Constitution and By-Laws for committee members.
- To allow banking transactions to be made by electronic transfer.
- To reflect the way the club actually conducts its business.
- In the By-Laws, define what we mean by an MX-5.
- To rectify and clarify any other errors, anomalies and typos.
- To make whatever other adjustments are necessary or reasonable to accommodate the above.
To achieve this, a substantive number of text amendments to the Constitution and By-Laws are required and these are shown in the marked-up Constitution and marked up By-Laws presented here.
The rules of the club require that the proposed changes to the Constitution (but not to the By-Laws) be ratified at an AGM. However as these changes are inextricably interlinked, members are encouraged to consider the proposed amendments in their entirety.
PDF files avaiable to download:
Information for members (Constitution amendments) (2)
MX-5 Consolidated Constitution (Rev 1)
By laws V1 2 (Rev 1)
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner - Henley Brook Estate
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 26/04Monthly Meeting
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 17/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 24/05Monthly Meeting
- 26/05Saturday Lunch Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 28/06Monthly Meeting
- 01/07Monthly Cruise – Elizabethan Village
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/07Christmas in July - EVENT CANCELLED
- 21/07Saturday Lunch Cruise - Core Cider
- 26/07Monthly Meeting
- 05/08Monthly Cruise - Observation Rally
- 12/08Shannons' Classics on the Park
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 23/08Monthly Meeting
- 25/08Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 26/08Dawn Breakfast Raid - York Motor Show
- 02/09Sunday Country Cruise - Wildflower Run to Moora
- 09/09Dawn Breakfast Raid - Bickley Area
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 19/09Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Duckstein Brewery
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb