01/07/09 - AGM 2009 information
Information for Members
Item 3. Special resolution to amend the Constitution
The Committee recommends a number of amendments to the Constitution and the By-Laws, primarily to achieve the following:
- To remove anomalous wording in the definition of a Full Member.
- To remove all definition of the amount of fees from the Constitution and put these into the By-Laws. Note that this is already done for the Annual Fee, but not for the Entrance Fee.
- To remove Entrance Fee entirely and replace it with an increased Annual Fee payable only in the first year of membership.
- To further define and encourage by reduced fees, new members who join later in the year.
- To remove the definitions of duties of committee members from the Constitution (these are already in the By-Laws).
- To use the same nomenclature in the Constitution and By-Laws for committee members.
- To allow banking transactions to be made by electronic transfer.
- To reflect the way the club actually conducts its business.
- In the By-Laws, define what we mean by an MX-5.
- To rectify and clarify any other errors, anomalies and typos.
- To make whatever other adjustments are necessary or reasonable to accommodate the above.
To achieve this, a substantive number of text amendments to the Constitution and By-Laws are required and these are shown in the marked-up Constitution and marked up By-Laws presented here.
The rules of the club require that the proposed changes to the Constitution (but not to the By-Laws) be ratified at an AGM. However as these changes are inextricably interlinked, members are encouraged to consider the proposed amendments in their entirety.
PDF files avaiable to download:
Information for members (Constitution amendments) (2)
MX-5 Consolidated Constitution (Rev 1)
By laws V1 2 (Rev 1)
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 24/01Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - The Abbey at Chesters
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 10/02Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner Mandoon Estate
- 17/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Presentation @ The Saint
- 21/02Twilight picnic at The Coombe Reserve
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Motor Museum of WA
- 10/03Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 21/03After Work Get Together - Nedlands Croquet Club
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 15/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 26/05Saturday Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah