26/02/07 - Drift Australia - W.A.
National Drift Championship Round 1
The first ever W.A. Round of the Drift Australia Championship was held on the 24th and 25th of February at Barbagallo Raceway.
Over 5,000 spectators witnessed the highest level of drifting W.A. has ever seen.
Hats off to the top Aussie drivers like Beau Yates, Darren Appleton, Christian Pickering, Leighton Fine and Catherine Coleiro who made the effort to come all the way over to W.A. to compete in the first round of the National Championship.
Congrats go to Adam Trewhella for doing W.A. proud and beating the best in Australia. After his Nissan Ceffero broke down during warm ups he was able to borrow a Nissan Silvia which also broke down. He then stepped into Clinton Browns angry Skyline "Chainsaw" and began using his local knowledge to dominate the visiting drivers.
There were many close battles, several times the scores were so close that drivers were asked to compete again to find a clear winner. Christian Pickering finished 2nd in his 180sx and Chris Easton in his R31 Skyline was third.
Here are some photos from Day 1
.. and some photos from Day 2
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona