12/12/03 - Open Wheel MX-5?
Keith Tanner from Flying Miata has begin a project to build a CMC open wheeler with MX-5 engine and drive train.
MX-5 parts include:
Clutch & Transmission
Differential & Axles
You can read about his development here.
I recently received a signed copy of Keith's book "Mazda Miata MX-5 Performance Projects", i'll bring it along to the next few club events for those who are interested. The book covers a broad list of basic maintenance jobs in addition to explanations of how to install various performance upgrades.
www.jr-gumby.8m.comis an Australian built open wheeler "kit car" from Illawarra running a 1.6lt MX-5 engine.
Ben Chapman from Melboure is also building a "low cost" open wheeler using a 1.6lt MX-5 engine. You can view this website here.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona