12/12/03 - Open Wheel MX-5?
Keith Tanner from Flying Miata has begin a project to build a CMC open wheeler with MX-5 engine and drive train.
MX-5 parts include:
Clutch & Transmission
Differential & Axles
You can read about his development here.
I recently received a signed copy of Keith's book "Mazda Miata MX-5 Performance Projects", i'll bring it along to the next few club events for those who are interested. The book covers a broad list of basic maintenance jobs in addition to explanations of how to install various performance upgrades.
www.jr-gumby.8m.comis an Australian built open wheeler "kit car" from Illawarra running a 1.6lt MX-5 engine.
Ben Chapman from Melboure is also building a "low cost" open wheeler using a 1.6lt MX-5 engine. You can view this website here.
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 21/01MX-5 Fan Fest
- 17/09Motorsport R8 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/09After Work Get Together - Hotdog Run
- 03/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day Cruise to York
- 27/08Motorsport R7 - Motorplex Sprint
- 23/09Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner – The Hen
- 28/09Monthly Meeting
- 01/10Country Cruise – Greenbushes
- 08/10York Avon Valley Classic Rally
- 14/10Saturday Night Burger Run
- 15/10Motorsport R9 - Midvale Speed Dome
- 22/10Dawn BreakFast Raid – Toodyay
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santas Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – The Wild Goose Chase
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood