14/09/03 - Safety for dummies
Following the Safety theme this month is an artice from Drive.com.au by Karl Quin, Safety for dummies.
"..roughly half of all deaths and serious injuries happen within metropolitan Melbourne in areas with speed limits of 60kmh or less, while about 40 percent of fatalities result from vehicles running off the road in rural areas. .."
"But another senior safety figure, Dr Laurie Sparke, chief engineer of Holden Innovation, disagrees. The focus on speed is wrong-headed, he says. "It's based on the idea that wilful misbehaviour is the major cause of crashes, and it's not. Where we should be focusing attention, Sparke says, is on older drivers - and that means anyone over 30. "Older drivers say, 'I'm a much better driver now than I was when I was younger', but that's not necessarily true."..."
View the article here.
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 21/01MX-5 Fan Fest
- 17/09Motorsport R8 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/09After Work Get Together - Hotdog Run
- 03/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day Cruise to York
- 27/08Motorsport R7 - Motorplex Sprint
- 23/09Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner – The Hen
- 28/09Monthly Meeting
- 01/10Country Cruise – Greenbushes
- 08/10York Avon Valley Classic Rally
- 14/10Saturday Night Burger Run
- 15/10Motorsport R9 - Midvale Speed Dome
- 22/10Dawn BreakFast Raid – Toodyay
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santas Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – The Wild Goose Chase
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood