14/09/03 - Safety for dummies
Following the Safety theme this month is an artice from Drive.com.au by Karl Quin, Safety for dummies.
"..roughly half of all deaths and serious injuries happen within metropolitan Melbourne in areas with speed limits of 60kmh or less, while about 40 percent of fatalities result from vehicles running off the road in rural areas. .."
"But another senior safety figure, Dr Laurie Sparke, chief engineer of Holden Innovation, disagrees. The focus on speed is wrong-headed, he says. "It's based on the idea that wilful misbehaviour is the major cause of crashes, and it's not. Where we should be focusing attention, Sparke says, is on older drivers - and that means anyone over 30. "Older drivers say, 'I'm a much better driver now than I was when I was younger', but that's not necessarily true."..."
View the article here.
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona