05/06/03 - Bullet Roadster
There has been a bit of interest in the Bullet Roadster from many of our overseas visitors. The Bullet Roaster has grown from a MX-5 (miata) with a 13bt conversion into a high priced high horse power lexus V8 driven monster.
There was an article by Bob Sharpe about the Bullet Roadster in our last club magazine "MX-Press"
- UPDATE - Click here to view photos from our 14th of June visit to the AEC Malaga Research and Development Facility
AEC Bullet Supercars Website
Originally Bullet offered a 13bt MX-5 for around 20k AUD, their Roadster now retails for $98,000.00* , and their Roadster SS (Sprintex Special) is $118,000.00* .
*Recommended retail price, excluding Dealer Delivery, Transfer Fees and Stamp Duty
For details of the early model Bullet Roasters including pictures view Craig's Rotary Page
Mad Engineering is the US offer a V8 conversion kit, details can be seen on their website, V8 Miata. Their kit costs $3,995.00 USD and "this kit includes everything you need along with plain". Using a Ford 5.0 EFI. HO. Mustang V8, Borg-Warner/Tremec T-5, 5 Speed, Ford 7.5"IRS. 1990-96 Thunderbird or Cougar. Custom Hubs & axles. 3.27.1 gear ratio, Front & rear springs upgraded to allow for the weight difference. Front anti-roll bar upgraded; A full conversion will cost around $17k USD.
Several MX-5 (Miata) owners have created websites showing off their V8 conversions:
Bob Knoss's Rover V8 Miata
John Burch's Superchaged Ford V8 Miata
Below are some photos I took while the Roadster was parked outside Burswood Casino, the engine and chassis photos were taken during the Perth Auto Show:
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona