Sunday 4th of March 2018 - Monthly Cruise - Motor Museum of WA
NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE
This 150km drive through the hills will cover some great MX5 friendly roads, and finishes at the Motor Museum of WA in Whiteman Park. We have made a 'Group booking' so Museum admission price is only $10 pp (usually $15). Also, the Museum have set aside an area for us to park and have private access to a Shelter (Shelter M) and $1 coin operated electric BBQ. We access through the car park and gate beside the museum where there is space for about 50 cars on the grass next to the Shelter. This space is for Club cars, not everyday vehicles.
Before or after visiting the museum participants can enjoy a BYO everything picnic/BBQ at the Shelter, or buy food and coffee at the Cafe.
The Motor Museum of WA extension is now open. The addition of nearly 2,000 square metres of floor space has enabled the display of over 200 beautiful and historic vehicles and includes a section dedicated to motor racing. Featured displays currently include cars built by local legend Cliff Byfield and a superb collection of every model Holden Premier from EJ through to HZ. These cars are displayed for a limited time.
Whether you are a motoring enthusiast or simply interested in local history you will find something of interest in the Museum. They have a range of cars and motorcycles from the late 19th century through to the present. Some vehicles have a local historic story attached to them and others are rare examples that you will only find in a few select locations around the world.
In addition you will also find one of the finest collections, in any motor museum, of automotive models, plus memorabilia, workshop equipment, tools, metal and painted signs, an extensive collection of photographs, historic cycles, club newsletters and manuals relating to the automotive industry.
We meet at the Cockburn Gate Shopping Centre in the rear car park (not the car park near The Gate Pub) (Click here to view a map) at 9:00 and depart 9:30am sharp.
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 21/02Twilight picnic at The Coombe Reserve
- 18/02Induction - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 17/02Annual Dinner & Trophy Presentation @ The Saint
- 25/02Induction - Jack’s Hillclimb
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Motor Museum of WA
- 10/03Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run - RESCHEDULED
- 21/03After Work Get Together - Nedlands Croquet Club
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 25/03Rd 1 Midvale Speed Dome
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 15/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 26/05Saturday Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 01/07Monthly Cruise – Elizabethan Village
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb