Sunday 5th of January 2014 - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Two Shed Run
No we are not talking about a part of an exhaust system; we are talking about one of those rare collections of unique vehicles that Bob Sharpe always seems to be able to find for our first cruise of the year.
This year Bob has changed tack, he has switched from just visiting collections to collecting cars on the Cruise as this year we will be joined by the Ferrari Boys, a breakaway Jaguar Club and the Bolwell Car Club, all of whom want to see how proper runs are done.
This time we have not one but two venues to visit. The first is a collection that includes part of Len Woodruff’s Buick collection that we saw some years ago in Armadale and has now been sold off. This collection also includes no less than Four left hand drive E Type Jaguars and an esoteric mix of other marques makes in a sprawling 7.5 acre property in Helena Valley.
After half an hour there we move on to Illusionary Art, an unusual gallery showing Aluminium illusionary art AND it happens to be next door to the Nougat /Morish nuts outlet so you can satisfy your sweet tooth if you wish.
Another half an hour there and we travel for ten minutes to lunch at the Stirling Arms Hotel dining room in historic Guildford.
Come and see some interesting stuff that is not open to the general public and get some more value from your membership fees. The run will still be fun between venues and will finish in the metro area so you can linger over lunch, visit the Guildford antique shops or return home for Sunday afternoon chores.
We gather in the carpark between the Burswood Dome and Great Eastern Highway Click here to view a map at 9 am for a 9:30 am start.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Tunnel of trees
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona