Sunday 6th of March 2011 - Monthly Cruise Dardanup Heritage Park
The MX-5 Club cruise on the 1st Sunday of each month.
We meet at Burswood (click here to view a map) at 9AM for a 9:30 AM start.
This month we have 172 km cruise down the Perth Bunbury Highway to the Dardanup Heritage Park for the “Gary Brookes Memorial Day”.
Gary Brookes was one of life's great achievers. After working for some years in the timber and road transport industries he started "Brookes Transport" in 1977 with just one truck. This company was destined to become one of the largest family owned transport groups in WA before being sold in 2008.
Gary Brookes's passion for collecting old machinery led to the establishment of the Dardanup Heritage Park with one of Australia’s finest collections of heritage items from our pioneering past. This collection has to be seen to be believed with a 1903 Marshall Traction Engine, Shed full of Tange Engines including 50 & 100 hp, Wagons and Horse drawn Equipment, over 100 Restored Tractors and Bulldozers including an extensive collection of internationals from W12 to TD24, Caterpillars, Massey Ferguson, Case, Fordsons, Chamberlains, Lanz, Euclid TC12 and many others. Small and Large Engines including 500KVA Crosley Generator. Sawmill powered by an 1896 Marshall Steam Engine and replica Mill Settlement. Vast array of agricultural implements, Nodwell SnowCat, Dennis Fire Truck and others, Gemstone Collection, Household Memorabilia, Logging Equipment including Arches and Whim. Entire Military Hall complete with Bombs, Missiles, Weapons and more. There is over 6,500sq/m of buildings.
Once a year on the Gary Brookes Memorial Day the park comes alive as all the machinery comes out of the sheds…
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona