Tuesday 4th of November 2008 - AHG Tuning Afternoon
Tuning afternoon at AHG
Unlike most forms of club motorsport, to participate in a Tuning Arvo you do not need a fire extinguisher or even race tyres, just a helmet, long clothing (cotton or Wool) and a roadworthy car will get you out on the circuit and skidpan to safely test your skills. The club has a couple of helmets available for use, they must be organised before the event date.
Apologies for the late notice and to those who couldn't get the afternoon off work but this was the next available session for some time.
We arrived at the AHG Driving centre at 2:30pm for a drivers briefing and car check, then from 3pm until 5pm we had a the sprint circuit and a skip pan to share amongst only 14 drivers.
Everyone got plenty of "track time" and for only $40 it was a bargain ! I highly recommend attending the next one of these events.
Huge thank you to Club Motorsport Coordinator Pete Corboy for organising and running the afternoon.
For more information on what is required at an AHG tuning afternoon please download that pdf from their website http://www.dtec.com.au/downloads/Tuning-Arvo.pdf
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 11/02Member of the Year
- 21/01MX-5 Fan Fest
- 23/09Saturday Afternoon Cruise & Dinner – The Hen
- 17/09Motorsport R8 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 12/09After Work Get Together - Hotdog Run
- 03/09Monthly Cruise - Fathers Day Cruise to York
- 28/09Monthly Meeting
- 01/10Country Cruise – Greenbushes
- 08/10York Avon Valley Classic Rally
- 14/10Saturday Night Burger Run
- 15/10Motorsport R9 - Midvale Speed Dome
- 22/10Dawn BreakFast Raid – Toodyay
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santas Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – The Wild Goose Chase
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood