Tuesday 4th of November 2008 - AHG Tuning Afternoon
Tuning afternoon at AHG
Unlike most forms of club motorsport, to participate in a Tuning Arvo you do not need a fire extinguisher or even race tyres, just a helmet, long clothing (cotton or Wool) and a roadworthy car will get you out on the circuit and skidpan to safely test your skills. The club has a couple of helmets available for use, they must be organised before the event date.
Apologies for the late notice and to those who couldn't get the afternoon off work but this was the next available session for some time.
We arrived at the AHG Driving centre at 2:30pm for a drivers briefing and car check, then from 3pm until 5pm we had a the sprint circuit and a skip pan to share amongst only 14 drivers.
Everyone got plenty of "track time" and for only $40 it was a bargain ! I highly recommend attending the next one of these events.
Huge thank you to Club Motorsport Coordinator Pete Corboy for organising and running the afternoon.
For more information on what is required at an AHG tuning afternoon please download that pdf from their website http://www.dtec.com.au/downloads/Tuning-Arvo.pdf
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 28/11Monthly Meeting
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona