Saturday 27th of November 2004 - Driver Training Day
Driver Training Day
Our club encourages safe driving and subsidised training so it was only $35 including lunch! Then, if they choose to, they put it all into practice driving Autokhana & Sprint layouts all afternoon for another $35.
It was a fantastic day and a credit to Ian Lewis who organised the event and special thanks also need to go to the instructors.
Rain threatened early in the morning but it fined up to be a hot day, luckily not the usual 40"+ our driver training days have experienced in the past.
Everyone's car was scruiteneered and drivers were briefed on the days activities.
We began with rapid acceleration and emergency breaking, increasing the difficulty by wetter the road then adding an obstacle.
On the road circuit drivers learnt to use the width of the track and where how to take each of the corners.
A few different slalom style courses were set up while speeds on the road circuit were increased.
By the afternoon MX-5's were ducking, dodging and ploughing traffic cones on the skid pan, as well as ripping around the road circuit. Everyone managed to find their own limits and test and improve their skill level.
- 21/11Motorsport Series 9 #2 - Classes explained
- 16/11Motorsport Series 9 #1 Planning now in full swing
- 24/082017-18 Committee
- 11/02New Life Member - Barrie Parker
- 17/11MX-5 Alive Weekend Away – Great Southern
- 05/11Monthly Cruise - Elmar’s in the Valley
- 29/10Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 26/10Monthly Meeting
- 23/11Committee meeting
- 26/11Motorsport R10 - Jacks Hillclimb
- 03/12Monthly Cruise - Santa's Sleigh Ride
- 13/12Midweek Lunchtime Cruise – Noble Falls Tavern
- 17/12Motorsport R11 - Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/01Monthly Cruise - Bob's Collectors Cruise - Reg's Rego Run
- 14/01Dawn BreakFast Raid - Lake Leschenaultia
- 25/01Monthly Meeting
- 04/02Monthly Cruise - Mandurah to Ravenswood
- 22/02Monthly Meeting
- 04/03Monthly Cruise - Dardanup Heritage Park
- 22/03Monthly Meeting
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona