Go WEST - NotMeet
It is clear from previous attempts that there are insufficient interstate members who have the considerable time and resources required to travel to WA and attend a WA NatMeet. Apart from the numbers the size of WA does not lend itself to a single base location as customary for NatMeet.
Thus we have opted for a tour of WA rather than working from one base location. In brief our ideas are based around the concept that while some people may wish to explore a large part of WA (which would probably take longer than a month); others would probably be happy concentrating on the south west of our state.
The MX-5 Club of WA has developed a brochure that outlines five modules that take you through most of the south west of the WA. From the Goldfields to Perth and surrounding areas before exploring the Geographe Area, Southern Forest and South Coast. There is a sixth module for those who want to explore some of the fabulous areas in northern WA accessible via blacktop including Karijini National Park, Ningaloo Reef, the Shark Bay Heritage area and Kalbarri.
Based on the modules from the booklet we put together an itinerary for Fivers from the East to explore WA in Spring 2019. It assume you drive across the Nullarbor and start in Kalgoorlie on Wednesday 23 October 2019. Alternatively you can join in Perth on Friday 25 October when we will have a GoWest welcome dinner in Perth.
The entire GoWest program finishes back in Perth on November 12. If Participants want to reduce the overall time they can bail out at any time to return to Perth.
For those that want to explore more the sixth module provides for a 10 day tour of the North West commencing October 15 including the Pilbara, Karijini, Coral Bay, Shark Bay and Kalbarri which you can join from both Perth and Kalgoorlie.
The WA club will provide detailed cruise notes for each of the module drives and our club members look forward to join you on some of the runs.
We will do everything we can to welcome you to our state and look forward to seeing you in 2019.
Of course as an alternative you can come as individuals some other time and we will provide all our notes to guide you on your tour.
If you are interested in participating please register by email to our President Aart ter Kuile .
The West is waiting for you!
- 19/02Motorsport Series 9 #8 --- Series Has Started
- 07/02Motorsport Series 9 #7 WholeSeries Entry Open to All Members
- 01/02Motorsport Series 9 #6 Fixture Error on Entry Form
- 31/01Motorsport Series 9 #5 Entrants List
- 21/04Saturday Afternoon Cruise and Dinner - Henley Brook Estate
- 11/04After Work Get Together - Wood Fired Pizza Run
- 01/04Monthly Cruise - April Fools' Treasure Hunt
- 30/03M-Eggs–Five Good Friday Eggstravaganza
- 26/04Monthly Meeting
- 29/04Rd 2 Motorplex Sprint
- 06/05Monthly Cruise - Jennacubbine Tavern
- 12/05Rd 3 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 17/05Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Ironbark Brewery
- 19/05Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 24/05Monthly Meeting
- 26/05Saturday Lunch Cruise - Paddy’s Bush Bar
- 03/06Monthly Cruise - Scarping to Waroona
- 10/06Rd 4 Jack’s Hillclimb
- 13/06After Work Get Together - Car Detailing Clinic
- 24/06Dawn Breakfast Raid - Mandurah
- 28/06Monthly Meeting
- 01/07Monthly Cruise – Elizabethan Village
- 01/07Rd 5 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 07/07Christmas in July - EVENT CANCELLED
- 21/07Saturday Lunch Cruise - Core Cider
- 26/07Monthly Meeting
- 05/08Monthly Cruise - Observation Rally
- 12/08Shannons' Classics on the Park
- 12/08Rd 6 Barbagallo Night Sprint
- 23/08Monthly Meeting
- 25/08Saturday Night Cruise - Burger Run
- 26/08Dawn Breakfast Raid - York Motor Show
- 02/09Sunday Country Cruise - Wildflower Run to Moora
- 09/09Dawn Breakfast Raid - Bickley Area
- 09/09Rd 7 Barbagallo Night Autotest
- 19/09Midweek Lunchtime Cruise - Duckstein Brewery
- 21/10Rd 8 Motorplex Sprint
- 18/11Rd 9 Midvale Speed Dome
- 16/12Rd 10 Jack’s Hillclimb